Wednesday, November 20, 2013

11/20/13 - Day 63

Day 63 - York Community High School
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
11/20/13 7:15 am

Wednesday means department meetings in the morning and late arrival for students. There was some discussion about the lack of an auditorium supervisor. I ran the Patriot with the cadet orchestra.  I also had a chance to run Gesu Bambino with the concert orchestra as well. We also went through the procedure for recognizing soloists and for when the entire orchestra should stand. I worked with one string quartet and one violin duo. During symphony rehearsal I worked on some Elgar.  It's sounding great, but the tempo is still slow.  Mr. O pointed out a few issues with intonation that I missed.  I made some copies during our afternoon prep period.  After school there was a dress rehearsal with the full orchestra.

No comments:

Post a Comment