Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11/12/13 - Day 57

Day 57 - York Community High School
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
11/12/13 6:45 am

This morning we listened to two auditions. One was horrible, and one was good.  It's sometimes difficult to tell if the excerpts would be within reach for the students even if they did practice them extensively.  Some of the music is too difficult.  There are passages that only a few of the violinists can play.  During the prep period we heard one bass audition. I also got the electric instruments up and running; plugged them in and made sure they were tuned and all of the electronics worked. In cadet orchestra I observed and helped out as needed.  In concert orchestra I ran the warm up and worked through Gesu Bambino. We did a quality run through and then fine tuned a few spots. After rehearsal, I filled in for a violinist missing from a quarter.  I then coached a couple other chamber groups and observed full orchestra. 

No comments:

Post a Comment