Planning for concert and symphony rehearsal started the day off. Lots of kids in costume, and Mr. O included some spooky sounds in the warm up using diminished chords and sul ponticello. During cadet orchestra I observed and played some violin with the seconds. I took about half of the period with the concert orchestra to work on Gesu bambino. We worked on the intro and played all of the way through the piece. Part of the struggle is just keeping the tempo up. There was a chord that sounded off in the closing section. I couldn't diagnose it quickly, so I chose to address it at another rehearsal. Symphony orchestra had rehearsal with the winds for the first half of the period, then I ran some of the Elgar. I worked some of the opening and the ending, focusing on tempo and getting the players to listen across the ensemble by hearing individual instrument sections.