Monday, November 25, 2013

11/25/13 - Day 66

Day 66 - York Community High School
Monday, November 25, 2013
11/25/13 7:15 am

Today was an odd day. It's the only day of the week for the students. We introduced some new music in all of the ensembles. I labeled some parts and made copies in the morning. I was able to sight read in the violin section for some and I led the concert orchestra in their sightreading. I also filled in on viola and coached some chamber ensembles. I stumbled a bit on some faster sixteenth note passages, but I really enjoy playing in the small ensembles. Parent teacher conferences were from 4:30 - 8. The school provided a meal for us at 3:30. The meetings are generally very positive. Students typically enjoy the class and are all earning A's, so it isn't surpising that the conferences go smoothly. One thing I noticed was that Mr. O talked for the majority of the conferences. I might be inclined to ask more questions and learn more about the students.  There were quite a few revealing comments and facts that were revealed during the course of the conferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment