Saturday, November 2, 2013

11/1/13 - Day 50

Day 50 - York Community High School
Friday, November 1, 2013
11/1/13 7:00 am

Mr. O was in an especially good mood today because we had a York alumni, John Haggerstrom from the CSO visiting today. Mark was in to tune the harpsichord and it took longer than expected. I made some photocopies. We also discussed my plans for cadet orchestra rehearsal. I led the warmup and took most of the period to work on The Patriot.  After focusing on a few trouble spots, we ran the piece to finish my segment.  During concert orchestra I mainly observed.  I played along a little bit.  I coached a couple of chamber groups.  Coaching the chamber groups has become one of my favorite parts of the student teaching experience. I'm not crazy about the stozel concerto that symphony is performing with John Haggerstrom. It sounds quite nice and the harpsichord is a great addition. We had a nice lunch with Mr. Haggerstrom following a a great symphony rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment