Monday, November 4, 2013

11/4/13 - Day 51

Day 51 - York Community High School
Monday, November 4, 2013
11/4/13 6:45 am

I was hoping to help out with the jazz band rhythm sectional, but the bassist had left and they weren't rehearsing. Instead, I spent some time preparing for my next lessons.  We discussed a plan of attack for the week. I observed and played along with cadet orchestra. I led the warm up with concert orchestra. We played the Bb scale and a chorale. Then, we worked on Gesu bambino and focused on balance.  Unfortunately, I'm growing a little tired of the piece and I feel like the students might not be particularly fond of it either. I shadowed Mr. O during the chamber ensemble rehearsals to see how he ran them. During symphony orchestra, full orchestra played through Russlan and Ludmilla.  For the second half, we played the elgar serenade. We played quite a bit of the middle section. It contains a lot of syncopation and there are three sharps in the key signature.  It needs much more work. We listened to auditions until about 5:30 after school.

No comments:

Post a Comment