Monday, October 28, 2013

10/28/13 - Day 46

Day 46 - York Community High School
Monday, October 28, 2013
10/28/13 7:00 am

Upon my arrival we discussed possibilities for Gesu bambino as well as strategies for the patriot. I went to the copy room to pick up parts for the rest of the orchestra. The first violins in the cadet orchestra have issues with playing confidently and staying with the my tempo. They often drop a beat, while the cellos tend to rush.  Eventually everyone meets in the middle, at least, most of the time. I have to work indivIn concert orchestra, Gesu bambino seems to be well within their reach. I'll have to work on executing the measures with fermati. In discussing the piece later with mr. O, I realized that I missed a section where the soloist rests and the melody was missing because all of the first violins were playing the solo part.

No comments:

Post a Comment