Thursday, October 24, 2013

10/23/13 - Day 44

Day 44 - York Community High School
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
10/23/13 6:45

There was a fine arts meeting to start this morning off. I'd met most of the faculty in the department already, but it was good to fill in the gaps. After the meeting we found some chamber music for more of the groups. Then, we discussed what I would rehearse with concert orchestra. After scales, and a little bit of the rehearsal on the Soon Hee Newbold, I had my first taste of podium time. We tackled about 16 measures of music. I had the cellos clap their rhythm after they struggled initially. I did some additional counting and playing when other rhythms became difficult. The other classes were spent observing and sitting in on violin.  I coached a chamber group with one violin and 3 cellos. It was great to get immediate feedback about my performance with the concert orchestra.  We met later in the day and discussed my segments of class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment