Tuesday, October 22, 2013

10/22/13 - Day 43

Day 43 - York Community High School
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
10/22/13 6:45

I met the vice principle this morning before school to check in and make sure my ID was on the way. I also observed the jazz band before school.  After listening to the jazz band, I prepared some parts for the patriot and tended to other logistics with parts. I spent a lot of class time observing and looking at the scores. I tuned a few instruments and fixed some pegs that were slipping. I repaired a chin-rest. In cadet orchestra, we handed out parts for the patriot and ran two other songs.  In concert orchestra I noticed the second violins struggling, so I grabbed a violin and joined them. Mr. O has suggested that I balance my viewpoints between teacher and player, so I'm trying to resist the urge to play all the time.  The symphony orchestra sounded great with the wind and percussion. It was exciting to here the full orchestra!! A lot of missed notes, but some beautiful moments as well

No comments:

Post a Comment