Thursday, December 12, 2013

12/12/13 - Day 75

Day 75 - York Community High School
Thursday, December 12, 2013
12/12/13 6:45

I was able to lead the jazz band in a song this morning and I felt very good about it. There are quite a few transitions and we made txt through the whole piece. I had some insights for the rhythm section and soloists and felt pretty confident leading the whole group. I'm going to lead the group on Tuesday as they play for students entering the commons. I had an observation today. Dr. Sinclair was there early and we had a chance to talk a little bit. The lesson went pretty well, we were able to run the entire Adler Concertino for the first time. I led them in a warm up and chorale with some rhythms from the Adler added in. I drilled some sections at A and solidified some rhythms and entrances. Dr. Sinclair had some useful feedback and some encouraging comments. I helped out a guitarist that wanted to learn some violin during 7th period. I took care of an interview during 8th. I stayed in the evening to 
Iisten to there choir concert. Some very beautiful singing! Lots of holiday songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment