Tuesday, December 10, 2013

12/10/13 - Day 73

Day 73 - York Community High School
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
12/10/13 7:00

My mind is a little preoccupied with finishing up paperwork, edTPA, and my masters paper. I wish I could devote more time to lesson planning and score study, but the reality is that there are several things that need to happen in order for me to finish this semester. That being said, I think everything will come together. I was able to run a significant chunk of the Adler in with cadet orchestra. I had them clap rhythms and practice their staggered entrances several times.  With the concert orchestra, we were able to do a similar rehearsal. We also had time to run the entire piece at the end of my segment. Mr. O had the prospective student teacher for next semester in observing, so there was another set of eyes watching as I worked. I think observations are going to be one of the most difficult parts of teaching full time. Perhaps, I'll feel more comfortable and confident after I've worked with a group from the very beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment