Wednesday, September 25, 2013

9/25/13 - Day 27

Day 27 - Gemini Jr. High
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
9/25/13 6:30 AM

I'll admit I was a bit nervous about my first observation today.  One particularly driven violist came in for a lesson before school. We drilled 3 sections from Irish Yuletide.  I gave her some tips for practicing and I think she left the lesson feeling a lot more confident.  I've come to the realization that some songs need to be run slower tempos for the struggling students. After the lesson, I delivered some instruments to the elementary schools, copied  music, wrote the bell ringer on the board, and prepared handouts. We tackled another eight measures in mango tango during concert rehearsal and closed with bohemian stomp. During the sinfonia rehearsal we worked strictly in my arrangement.  In the afternoon I taught one bass lesson and one violin lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment