Monday, September 16, 2013

9/16/13 - Day 20

Day 20 - Gemini Jr. High
Monday, September 16, 2013
9/16/13, 7:30 AM

Upon my arrival today I continued preparing the handouts for the upcoming playing test (my idea).  I hope this gets the students to take ownership of their performance and participation in class.  I've noticed a handful of kids that just pretend to play until I look and them. Then, they scramble to find the notes. I can't tell how much of it is lack of skill, and how much is lack of effort.  Because of the different skill levels, I plan to grade the playing tests based on the amount of improvement displayed.
I'm becoming a little overwhelmed with the amount of tasks assigned by my co-operating teacher and VanderCook.  The prospect of finishing my degree, and the students keep me pushing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment