Sunday, September 15, 2013

9/13/13 - Day 19


Day 19 - Gemini Jr. High
Friday, September 13, 2013
9/13/13, 7:30 AM

HAPPY FRIDAY! A full week with elementary lessons, middle school rehearsals, recruitment, and a gig last night leaves me ready for the weekend.  That being said, I feel a sense of purpose and general excitement when I enter the school and hear little voices welcoming "Mr. Hellermann" to school.  I've been spending the 7th and 8th grade rehearsal periods assessing the students on their playing position and posture.  I helped devise the rubric and walk around the room with post-it notes giving the students scores and comments.  It helps to learn the last of the names that I can't recall.  It's important to have all of the students names down and of course the loud and confident students are easy to remember.   However, it's the quiet students to whom I want to reach out and call by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment