Thursday, September 12, 2013

9/10/13 - Day 16

Day 16 - Gemini Jr. High
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
9/10/13 6:30 AM

Students arrived a whole hour before school to make music. I love the excitement and enthusiasm.  What an awesome group of kids.  We handed out parts to my arrangements today. I'm super excited. The concert orchestra continued their work on Jupiter. The sinfonia continued their work on Irish Yuletide. I would like to begin a second piece for each group, but I see the value in solidifying one song first. In the afternoon we travelled to Apollo elementary and gave one violin lesson, one group viola lesson, and one group cello lesson.  I learn the most when I see how the cello players are set up.  I feel pretty confident in giving instructions to the upper strings. Now I'm trying to fill my tool belt with techniques to trouble shoot low string issues. I'm still surprised by how much time is consumed by phone calls, emails, instrument issues, and other logistics in order for music to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment